Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ginevra is so funny.  At the time she was getting ready to whelp and we had her area all set up, she started to drag some toys into the whelping box (kiddy pool, in our case).  I would take them out and she would drag them back in.  I let her have them, thinking she was just getting ready for her own pups and these were surrogates.  During and after her whelping her litter, she kept bringing the toys back.  I would take them out, and the next time I looked, the toys were back.  She has 5 toys she likes and I keep finding one or more back in the whelping box.  I am not certain what is in her mind; are these toys substitute puppies because she has a small litter, are the toys for her to play with, or, is she trying to teach the puppies to play?  One can only guess.


This photo shows 3 toys, one is a soft yellow sea urchin shape, which she sometimes takes out in the play yard, but brings it right back back in .

1 comment:

  1. I'll take a guess. If it's a nail, use a hammer? She loves her toys. She wants them near for fun and support. Ok, maybe she just loves her toys! Either way, so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete